01 Nov Top tips for your Social Media this Winter
Now is a busy time for all businesses, whatever industry you’re in. So it is ever more important to keep on top of your social media pages to really utilise this free marketing tool. Before your head is filled with Christmas tunes (perhaps you’ve already heard a Jingle on the radio?!) and tinsel, have a read of our top tips to get your business heard during this festive ‘noise’…
- Update your photos: Is your main cover photo on Facebook showing your newest product, offer or winter location? Adding new photos keeps your page interesting and relevant.
- Know your followers: To ensure that your posts are seen by as many people as possible, post content when your customers are online. This of course varies depending on what your business is, but typically most people are on Facebook during evenings (and often lunch breaks!). On Twitter the magic time to reach more people, and gain likes and retweets is between 11am and 3pm. You can see when your followers are active by looking at your Facebook Insights tool (top tab of your page).
- Plan ahead, schedule ahead: Whilst scheduling isn’t always advisable, especially if the content is likely to change (like the weather!), it can be an invaluable time saving tool. Facebook allows you to schedule easily, giving you more time to run your business and put your feet up in the evenings. For other social media pages, there are a variety of scheduling platforms available including Hootsuite.
- Get snapping: You’ll get more likes and interest by ALWAYS posting a photo with your text, but videos say a lot more. If you don’t have any videos, trying creating a slideshow with multiple photos. Facebook now lets you upload panoramic photos and converts them into 360 degree videos to really show off your location. Taking a break from the office? Snap some photos and let people see how beautiful Cornwall is. Storytelling forms a huge part of the social media experience. Let people see behind the brand – who are you, where are you based and why are you so different from others?
- Website links: Increase your website traffic by including links to your website. Don’t just include your homepage though – point followers toward specific pages that are relevant and interesting to them. Google will love you for this too, giving you better visibility on search engines!
- Love your neighbours: Social media is a great way to engage with customers, but don’t forget about your peers. Cornwall has such a great sense of community which is shared on Twitter via #CornwallHour. Follow local businesses and share interesting news or events by them. If you support them, they will be more inclined to do the same back. Search for local hashtag hours on Twitter. Businesses all use the same hashtag for an hour so they can see what news everyone is sharing. If you’re not ready to join in, just see what tweets come in to get a feel for the chatter. More often than not, they’re really friendly and ready with a “hello”. Facebook has some great local business groups that are also worth joining to share your business news.
Wishing you all the best for the festive season ahead. If you have any questions or need any advice on your social media, ping us an email or give us a call on 07854 193992.